Saturday, March 31, 2007

Carbs...the barbs on the wire fence of life....

“The pain in my laughter and the joy in my tears”…I like that paradox. For there can’t be sorrow without joy or melancholy without laughter in this Chex Mix we call life. The ingredients are best lived, endured and enjoyed when tasted together.

Oh brother, it’s getting to me. Has 6 weeks on the Atkins diet made me suddenly crave cereal and wax poetic about it on this blog? Ah, but without milk in the house (milk has carbs..cream doesn't but milk does)…it’s a futile dream. Brightly colored bowls no longer contain those colloquial Krispies that chattered cheerfully at me every morning. Now it’s only bacon and eggs, lying flat against my boring plate, that give me sustenance. Has the overall loss of accumulated inches on my frame been worth this somewhat monotonous mealtime melancholy? YES. Therein lies the carb-free rub. There was some inner joy,a twinkle of delight experienced in seeing the actual inch loss recorded on paper, next to the inches that were noted in same file 3 months ago. I just pray when CARBS CREEP IN, as carbs are wont to do, that they’ll meet with a vigilant force of my will, and not do to me what they once did when allowed to run rampant; for I dare say, my closet can no longer contain 3 stinkin' sizes of clothes.

No comments: