Monday, March 19, 2007

For my friend, Kat...

Kat knows me more than most people...and I've never met her in person. She and I are bosom friends, soul sistas, soul twins.

BUMPY RIDE

It's been a bumpy ride, this last year...
Plus a decade or two for a friend across the Pond
A bumpy ride on the roller coaster from Hell.
But God is always faithful, even when we are not.
His arm is reaching toward us and always extending
A FLOOD OF MERCY. She is on her way...today,
Rest my friend and know that God is near, as near
As your next breath, your next heartbeat.
When you exhale He is there, when you inhale,
He is there. In every breath you take, and every
Step you make across a cold and barren land,
Reach out for His LOVE-scarred Hand.
You will soar higher than the clouds,
You will fly with eagles and find shelter in His wings.
As in a cleft of a rocky cliff...nestle there and let Him
Love you, lead you, guard and keep you,
My dearest bosom friend.
With Kathy A. who's one to pray, and speaks
Words of love and words so wise, you're in her heart
And mine as well, if tears flow like rivers from your eyes.
I'm here praying for you, too, and know you'll find a way,
For He is the Way, the Truth and Life and He will see
You through this long goodbye and this long, dark night.

SJM
03.19.07

No comments: