Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Storms of Life...


The Storm of Life...


Jesus would you roll this heavy stone

Away from the door of my heart

And help me to pray for I’m at a loss

And I don’t know where to start

This storm that’s raging inside of me

Would you calm it for me, too?

Like you did so long ago

For that motley fishing crew

In a boat tossed on the waves of Galilee

You brought them safely to dry ground

With a gesture of your loving hand

You spoke and the winds calmed down

Grant me the courage to be still

And know that you are God

To know that everywhere I’ve ever walked

You’ve already trod

You condescended to be dressed

In the frailty of human skin

Leaving radiant glory on a vigilant quest

To win the hearts and souls of men

You poured out your life upon a cross

Stripped of every dignity

You gave your body and shed your blood

On that path of Calvary

Hung from nails driven through your hands

And your blessed, holy feet

A crown of thorns tore your scalp

As You gave your life for me

For all the world and for everyone

You died and rose again

So that all could believe and live forever

In Your Kingdom that knows no end

© Susie Melkus

09.15.06

No comments: