Sunday, April 1, 2007

Precious Hands of a priest . . .


PRECIOUS HANDS



Through these precious hands

Of His beloved priests
My daily
Bread Of Heaven,

Jesus,

Comes to me


When I eat the Flesh of
This Pascal Lamb,
The One True Lamb of God,
I receive Eternal Life
How can I be but awed?


Hands ever extending

God’s mercy and grace,

Hands that bless me every day -
All I can say is “thank you, Father,”
For your "yes" to Christ and I pray...


I pray when the dark night gathers 'round you

And exhaustion leaves you

“Tired to the bone…”
The
Hand Of Christ will reach for you,
From His Heavenly Throne.


That His nail-scarred Hand will
Draw you near to his precious Sacred Heart

And you'll find the strength

to persevere,

Even alone in the dark.


May I never take you for granted, Father,
serving us so faithfully

For your precious hands

mean all the world

or rather all The LIFE

to me.



© susie melkus
04.01.07


No comments: