Monday, February 26, 2007

Following the Rainbow...



Stardust Twins Road Trip

Driving north from Thedford
across the Nebraska plain
traveling with a friend
of mine when it began to rain
we saw this rainbow on our way
to Smith Falls near Valentine
we made it to the campground
just in the nick of time
before the black of night did
fall making it hard to see
by flashlight beam we pitched
the tent my stardust twin and me
It was August of 2004 when
we made our road trip west and
I think we'll take another one
to the place I love the best
The sand hills of Nebraska
and the prairie thunderstorms
delight and thrill my heart
as I watch the changing forms
of towering tall thunderheads
and the dancing prairie grass
I only know when I'm out there
My heart is home at last.


susie melkus
02.26.07
©

No comments: