Monday, January 28, 2008

Uncommon "Cosmic" Connection


Walking five days through the streets of Rome
My sore feet made me wince on each cobblestone
I was having my doubts about this new “pilgrim hobby”
When a “cosmic connection” left me stunned in the lobby

Of the Fleming Hotel, on the outskirts of town
This “divine intersection” so purely profound
Left me wide-eyed with wonder and Father G., too
This “cosmic connection” that came out of the blue

On pilgrimage to Italy, to behold our Mother,
In the lobby we stood a while and talked to each other
This “cosmic connection” left us both a bit dazed
At the Fleming Hotel, in the Mary month of May

We talked more in Assisi and at the airport in Rome
Then a quick hug goodbye and Father jetted for home
I remained one more day there, still so mystified
By this “cosmic connection,” that simply can’t be denied

Now with ardent affection, my prayers daily rise
To our “cosmic connection” beyond the blue skies
Storm heaven, Father Kevin, for your friend, Father G
Please intercede for all he needs and please… pray for me

Susie Melkus
01-20-08

No comments: