Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pink High Tops...



Okay, my life is a real Adventure in Oddities of late. Most of you wouldn't understand if I tried to explain, so I'll leave that to the one other soul out there who does, and he knows who he is.

Continuing with my story, I went to You Tube because I've had "Shelter From The Storm" on my brain for days now and was hoping to find the one from Blood on the Tracks, (Bob Dylan for anyone who might not know who I'm talking about here) my favorite version of the tune. Well, I found this movie of someone driving while the song's playing in the background, and to my shock and amazement, a ways "down the road" a pair of pink high tops appear on the dash!! I used to have a pair when I was 30, (a "capturing my lost youth" birthday present to myself) and there they are! Also, I put my feet on the dash all the time... when my husband is driving, that is, not when I drive, so rest easy, folks. This was a fun find this morning. I'm just grinning thinking about those sneakers and the "lost youth" that has suddenly resurfaced, if only in my mind. Here below is my "ode" to my long lost and apparently now famous footwear:


PINK HIGH TOP BLUES

Seems I got a bad case of high top blues

now I'm wonderin' what happened to

that favorite pair of shoes

I never thought about 'em much

'til they showed up in plain view

on this movie that a stranger made

they appear as if on cue

I miss that pair of sneakers

wonderin' where they are

guess they got their lucky break

and became movie stars

if only I would have kept them

then maybe I might have seen

my own feet appear on You Tube

right here on my computer screen

susie melkus

01-23-08

here is my left foot, which did make its debut on YOU TUBE

2 comments:

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Blood on the Tracks was one of my all time favorite albums, till I got convicted that secular music was of the Devil and chucked it! Oh well, I can get it on CD. I always thot Dylan "peaked" on Blood and never thought he was as good as his writing was on this album.IMHO

Under the Poetree said...

Hey TJ, thanks for dropping by over here. I just dig Dylan, and most of his songs. I liked the Greatest Hits 2 album...at that time that is, and got it on c.d. Most of them are great...hence greatest...hits? :) It's funny, but my corny "high top blues" sorta works with the melody, of Shelter from the Storm. I've been listening to so much Dylan lately that most of what I've written, i can find one of his melodies to match my poem/lyrics.